Head of Software Engineering
Do you enjoy leading & motivating a team of passionate Software Engineers building innovative, large-scale software solutions?
This Head of Software Engineering position is responsible for the delivery of a brand new eCommerce platform for a technology startup, backed by one of the largest retailers in the world.
What will I be doing?
- Leading a software engineering team including front end, back end and QAs at stages of their career.
- Overseeing the day-to-day running of the team ensuring people are happy, motivated and productive.
- Coach, share knowledge and expertise, and provide technical mentoring and peer review to other developers within the team.
- Reporting to the COO you will be a key interface between the technology team and the business on the whole.
- Formulate and deliver long-term strategy for the software engineering team.
We're looking for candidates who:
- Understand how to motivate & lead a high performing software engineering team.
- Are passionate about technology & come from a software engineering background with experience of object oriented programming.
- Have progressed into a managerial position, overseeing a high-performing team building large scale, enterprise level software using the agile development methodology.
- Demonstrate experience of eCommerce platform development using Magneto (ideally).
- Communicate effectively between software engineering teams and the wider business on the whole.
Please follow the link below for more information and an informal conversation with a member of our team!