When Ocado´s journey started, they were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. Nearly 20 years later, they are a FTSE 100, client-focused business that provides services, technology, and automation to grocery e-commerce businesses around the world.
Their mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Ocado´s unique retail experience and pioneering Ocado Smart Platform enable some of the world’s most forward-thinking grocery retailers to be the leaders in their markets.
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT.
With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
As a Frontend Engineer at Ocado Technology:
- You will build and maintain public facing UIs and systems that make up Ocado Smart Platform (Ocado’s proprietary world-class suite of solutions for operating online grocery businesses).
- The Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is live in 5 countries, with more to come, enabling thousands of people per week to get exactly the products they want at a time which is convenient to them.
- You will collaborate with developers to quickly get functionality live and having a positive impact on Ocado’s customers lives.
- Working side by side with mobile and retailer systems development teams. You will be in close collaboration on challenging problems like increasing personalisation, convenience, basket building tools or instant order.
- You will explore new technical approaches to better their engineering practices
We understand that these are only buzzwords, but it would be great if you have experience with some of them (besides a Computer Science University Degree):
- Understanding of automated testing
What´s in it for you:
Salary indication: € 49.000 – € 62.000 p/a
Salary offers depend on your experience and level of seniority.
The bracket above is, therefore, an indication only. After qualifying your experience,
in an exploration call, we can give you a more specific indication.
- Best in-house and external training programs available
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3 x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Ticket Transport
- Gym membership discounts
- Monthly social events
- Tech Talks and internal training
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English and Spanish language courses
What Ocado´s Engineers say
“The scale and reach of our technology makes going to work each morning an exciting prospect”
“We are always free to try new ways to apply Machine Learning to improve our products and drive research”
“Our key focus is on creating value for Ocado. We do this with speculative projects that test the limits of the technologies we use”
Who we are
Tech Talent Career Specialists
We have helped many Engineering Talent land jobs at top European companies like Booking.com, Skyscanner, Spotify, Thoughtworks and Ocado.
Our promise to you
- You receive all the information you require before going into an official recruitment process.
- You are being kept up to date throughout the recruitment process
- We will prepare you for the interviews
- You will receive the feedback you deserve after your interviews
We will advise you on how it is to move to- and live in Barcelona (we are based here and have moved here from abroad ourselves).
- We will have an exploration call to inform you about this position in more detail. We will also qualify your background and interests and we will advise you on the potential match.
- Only when you are interested we will present your profile directly to Ocado and start the official application process.
- The official application process:
- Technical interview including online code exercise
- Final Interview round
Are you interested to learn more about this career opportunity?
We would love to explain all in detail to you in person. Please plan an informative call directly in our calendar:
Do you have a question right now? We happily answer it in our (green) live chat box at the bottom right of your screen.
We are not asking you to quit your job or take any decisions yet. We just want to inform you in more detail about this position.
After this call it is up to you to decide if you want to start the recruitment process. No strings attached!