When Ocado´s journey started, they were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. Nearly 20 years later, they are a FTSE 100, client-focused business that provides services, technology, and automation to grocery e-commerce businesses around the world.
Their mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Ocado´s unique retail experience and pioneering Ocado Smart Platform enable some of the world’s most forward-thinking grocery retailers to be the leaders in their markets.
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT.
With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouse that we design in-house, our employees need to be specialists in a wide range of technologies to help drive our business.
As a Java Developer at Ocado Technology:
- You will develop innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer.
- You will also develop software for the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ (Ocado’s proprietary world-class suite of solutions for operating online grocery businesses).
- A Java Engineer at Ocado will be solving some of the hardest technical challenges in the world of online grocery.
- You will be part of an international team building a world-leading, cloud-based e-commerce, fulfilment and logistics platform for grocery retailers around the world.
We understand that these are only buzzwords, but it would be great if you have experience with some of them:
- OOP and Software Design
- a passion for TDD and Clean Code
- knowledge in AWS/Cloud Environments
What´s in it for you:
Salary indication: € 49.000 – € 62.000 p/a
Salary offers depend on your experience and level of seniority.
The bracket above is, therefore, an indication only. After qualifying your experience,
in an exploration call, we can give you a more specific indication.
- Best in-house and external training programs available
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3 x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Ticket Transport
- Gym membership discounts
- Monthly social events
- Tech Talks and internal training
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English and Spanish language courses
What Ocado´s Engineers say
“The scale and reach of our technology makes going to work each morning an exciting prospect”
“We are always free to try new ways to apply Machine Learning to improve our products and drive research”
“Our key focus is on creating value for Ocado. We do this with speculative projects that test the limits of the technologies we use”
Who we are
Tech Talent Career Specialists
We have helped many Engineering Talent land jobs at top European companies like Booking.com, Skyscanner, Spotify, Thoughtworks and Ocado.
Our promise to you
- You receive all the information you require before going into an official recruitment process.
- You are being kept up to date throughout the recruitment process
- We will prepare you for the interviews
- You will receive the feedback you deserve after your interviews
We will advise you on how it is to move to- and live in Barcelona (we are based here and have moved here from abroad ourselves).
- We will have an exploration call to inform you about this position in more detail. We will also qualify your background and interests and we will advise you on the potential match.
- Only when you are interested we will present your profile directly to Ocado and start the official application process.
- The official application process:
- Technical interview including online code exercise
- Final Interview round
Plan an exploration call in our calendar: